*Trade war concerns moved stocks lower
*Italy likely to face geopolitical turmoil
*Gold likely to touch 1,550 next week
- The S&P 500 Index set to close this week on negative tone. The index lost over 0.39% as of 15:37 London time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index tanked today due to the political concerns in Italy. The index dropped 0.51%.
- The UK FTSE lost 0.2% as investors reacted to recession concerns.
- The Dollar Spot Index dropped lower as investors started to factor in dovish Fed stance and it dropped 0.04%.
- The Euro moved lower by 0.12%.and made a low of 1.1177.
- The British pound declined another 0.56% but remained below the key level of 1.21, it recorded a low of 1.2056.
- The Japanese yen moved higher by 1.43% to 106.62.
- The Yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped by ten basis point to 0.70%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield fell to 0.49%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude moved higher due to the weakness in the dollar price and went up by 3.52% to $54.41 a barrel.
- Gold has become a safe haven trade and soared 0.23% to $1,501
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.