*Trump may delay tariffs on China
*Beijing may call Washington in to discuss trade war in less than 2 weeks
- The S&P 500 Index moved higher on hopes of China-US trade talk. The index gained over 1.63% of 15:41 London time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index dropped initially on appealing German ZEW data but recovered later. The index gained 0.95%.
- The UK FTSE soared 0.17% and the index made a high of 7,252.
- The Dollar Spot Index gained 0.31% are the US core CPI surprised with a solid number.
- The Euro moved lower by 0.29%.and made a low of 1.1170.
- The British pound because the unemployment rate soared. The pair lost 0.02% of its value.
- The Japanese yen moved lower by 1.28% to 106.71.
- The Yield on 10-year Treasuries gained four basis point to 1.69%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield soared to 0.51%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude soared 2.95% because Trump may delay tariffs on China.
- Gold dropped tremendously today as the risk on trade took off. The metal dropped from 1535 to 1480 in less than 30 minutes. At 15:42 London time, it lost 0.70%
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.