*US-China delay drives broad USD bid
*ASX outperforms climbing back above 6,700
*Aussie Trade balance catches strong beat A$7.18bn; est A$5bn
- Action was limited today with little to no event risk. Markets generally leaned on a stronger USD with US-China trade likely delayed (again, no surprise).
- AUDUSD -0.15%.
- NZDUSD -0.22%.
- USDJPY -0.21% trended lower to trade at 108.7.
- GBPUSD -0.01% awaits BoE tonight.
- EURUSD -0.05%.
- USDCAD +0.11.
- USDCNH +0.07% is back above 7 on US-China trade fears.
- Equities proved mixed.
- ASX +1.00% defied the rest of the group led by Xero (XRO) +9.5% and Big 4 banks.
- S&P 500 Futures -0.02%.
- Nikkei Futures +0.09%.
- CSI 300 Futures +0.01%.
- Yields ticked slightly lower on US-China frustrations.
- AUS 10y yields came off -3bps.
- US 10y yields finished down -1.5bps.
- Brent Crude Futures -0.02% steadied after a midnight fall driven by a bearish crude build.
- Gold Spot +0.04% ended sideways lacking conviction to either side.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.