*RBA cash rate unchanged at 0.75%
*Indonesia GDP y/y in line 5.02%; est. 5.01%
*Xi urges greater openness at CIIE
- Volatility was soft through Asia session with many stopping to watch the Melbourne Cup (congrats Vow And Declare).
- AUDUSD +0.25% found support through the RBA rate decision, a hold as expected.
- NZDUSD +0.03% churned around 0.64.
- USDJPY +0.22% edged higher as Xi's CIIE speech buoyed US-China trade cooperation.
- USD was broadly weaker against EM FX on US-China trade hopes.
- USDCNH -0.10% finished at 7.023.
- Equities continue a decent start to November with a broad bid across the board as markets eschew negative news.
- ASX 200 +0.32% chopped around after jumping at the open dragged down by financials.
- S&P 500 Futures +0.18%.
- Nikkei Futures +2.01% as USDJPY climbed.
- CSI 300 Futures +1.01%.
- Hang Seng Futures +0.43%.
- Yields ticked higher on general risk sentiment.
- US 10y yields +2.5bps.
- AUS 10y yields +2bps.
- Brent Crude Futures -0.02%.
- Gold Spot -0.26% pulled back as higher prices dampened demand somewhat.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.