1. ThinkMarkets promises to treat all your personal information carefully and responsibly.
2. Personal information includes any information that lets ThinkMarkets identify you as a unique individual, such as your name/s and surname combined with your physical address, contact details and/or passport/identity number.
3. Personal information also refers to the personal information that uniquely identifies a legal entity, such as the trading name of a company combined with the company registration number.
4. Sensitive personal information includes details of your race or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, political persuasion, trade union membership, health, or medical records, biometric information or any other federal or legal court orders which relates to alleged criminal offences or proceedings within the country’s jurisdiction.
5. Personal information may be shared or collected by ThinkMarkets in writing as part of a written or online application form, electronically via email, telephone, online or via the ThinkMarkets trading App.
6. Processing of Personal Information
It includes further and ongoing processing that ThinkMarkets is allowed to carry out legitimately in terms of the reasons listed below. The term ‘processing’ includes collecting, using, altering, merging, linking, organising, disseminating, storing, retrieving, disclosing, erasing, archiving, destroying, or disposing of personal information. This may include processing required to confirm your identity, to process transactions, to manage your account, to comply with record keeping obligations, to identify, prevent and investigate any fraudulent or illegal activity or any other requirements of a competent authority.
7. ThinkMarkets are obligated to comply with Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-terrorism Financing (AML-CTF) Regulations among other regulatory requirements to ensure we remain compliant. This may be made available to relevant authorities upon their request. Please note that ThinkMarkets will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, or to enable us to comply with requirements governed by laws within specific countries.
8. ThinkMarkets may process your personal information to protect your or our legitimate interests.
9. ThinkMarkets will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose.
10. Furthermore, ThinkMarkets will not process your sensitive personal information unless:
10.1 You have consented to ThinkMarkets processing it;
10.2 It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or obligation under law;
10.3 It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
10.4 You have deliberately made your information public.
11. ThinkMarkets reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time. All changes to this Agreement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this Agreement. This Agreement is governed under the laws of the respective regulatory and legislation applicable to the country of origin and Group entity you are contracting with, for demo applications only.