*Sterling spiked more than 3.85% in two days
*Trade optimism moved stocks higher
*Oil retraced from its highs despite oil tanker attack
- The S&P 500 soared 1.50% as of 15:30 London Time. The index is set to close the week on a strong footing
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index increased by 1.92%, the move was led by the information technology sector with a gain of 3.83%.
- The SPX VIX index plunged -9.56% and the VSTOXX also fell -6.63%.
- The UK 100 index rose 0.46% and made a high of 7250.
- The Dollar Spot Index dropped by -0.44% and made a low of 98.72. The US consumer sentiment increased to 96 against the forecast of 92
- The Euro gained 0.28% against the dollar. The German CPI matched the forecast of 0.0%.
- The British Pound spiked 2.14% on the back of news that a possible deal is on the table.
- The Japanese yen dropped 0.58% to 108.53 per dollar.
- West Texas Intermediate crude oil increased by 0.73% and made a high of 54.87.
- Gold futures plunged by 1.14% and it made a low of $1,475.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.