*USD continues higher move on the back of positive Core PPI number; Act 0.3% vs Forecast 0.2%
*Trump wants rates to drop below zero
*Apple leads stocks higher
- The S&P 500 Index was powered by tech stock and gained 0.11%, Nasdaq index advanced 0.41%
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index climbed 0.75%; investors are eagerly waiting for a big bazooka from the ECB.
- The UK FTSE 100 increased 1.03%, 88 stocks moved higher while 12 failed to cross yesterday’s close.
- The Dollar Spot Index advanced 0.36% and made a high of 98.70.
- The Euro continued to move lower and dropped another 0.48% and made a low of 1.1056. It is likely a dovish tone by the ECB may push the currency below 1.10
- The British pound decreased 0.14% but still above the critical level of 1.20 against the dollar.
- The Japanese yen moved lower by 0.24% to 107.72
- The Yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped by three basis point to 1.7264%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield dropped to 0.639%.
- West Texas Intermediate continued to move higher ahead of its crude inventory data. It gained 0.37%.
- Gold failed to break above the $1,500 mark and gained 0.18%.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.