- Phase Two sceptics kick into play, FX markets sedate
- ASX battles with major resistance
- Aussie stocks high beta to wildfires
- What impact could today's event have on the markets?
- Could we get more clues about the "phase two" deal?
- US PPI 0.1% vs 0.2% prev 0.0%
- US-China to sign "phase one" trade deal
- US Tsy Sec Mnuchin says tariffs may be rolled back in "phase two"
- Mixed sentiment in Asian and EU markets ahead of US open.
- GBP falls as inflation misses expectations.
- Bank of America and Goldman Sachs release earnings updates
- UK CPI (YoY) (Dec) 1.3% vs exp 1.5% prev 1.5%
- Compouded by more dovish comments from BoE's Saunders
- Markets react to news that tariff rollback might be delayed till after the election
- OPEC cuts may be extented to June
- BSV/USD explodes in the crypto market
*Prospect of no tariff reduction mediates US-China optimism
*GBPUSD pounding slows ahead of UK inflation data
*All eyes on reporting as more US banks step up to the plate
*Phase One deal T&Cs (surprise, surprise) keeps equities flat
*Banks buoyed by strong Q4 results foreshadow optimistic reporting season
*US election increasingly draws interest an...
*US indices at near-record level
*US/China trade deal imminent
*GBP/USD consolidates as AUD/USD impacted by wildfires
*Sterling punched down but worst is yet to come
*US CPI drowned out by US-China cheers
*Capex uncertainty won’t subside just yet
*JPM to be a pacesetter for equities perf...
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.