*A small trade deal is expected
*UK parliament prepares for an emergency weekend meeting
*Trump vows to stonewall impeachment threats
- The S&P 500 jumped 0.65% but still traded below the 50-day moving average as of 15:17 London Time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index soared by 0.75%, consumer discretionary sector led the rally with again of 1.40%.
- The SPX VIX index dropped -5.23 because of the possibility of a trade deal, the VSTOXX also fell -3.47%.
- The UK 100 index rose 0.40% and made a high of 7196.
- The Dollar Spot Index is off -0.51% from its record high. However, the index dropped -0.08% today ahead of FOMC minutes.
- The Euro gained 0.26% against the dollar. It wasn’t able to climb above the 1.10 mark today.
- The British recouped some of the lost ground and gained 0.02% while the possibility of no-deal Brexit looms.
- The Japanese yen dropped 0.21% to 107.38 per dollar.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jumped nearly 0.93% and made a high of 53.89. The US crude inventory data reported a number of 2.93m/b, a much stronger number than the forecast of 1.8M
- Gold futures advanced 0.54 percent to $1,508 an ounce.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. ThinkMarkets will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.